Thanks to RosemaryMarie for nominating me for this award! She writes the beautiful and heart-wrenching (in a completely wonderful way) story Noble Doubt, which I highly, highly recommend if you are looking for well-written dialogue and complex characters (and, let’s face it, who isn’t looking for that?).
Thank you also to Lila Remonn for nominating me! Her pictures are some of the best I’ve seen here at WP (or on tumblr), and I’m always excited to read her updates. Also, her latest generation involves some majorly awesome characters, so y’all should check it out 😉
Thanks to Stormy for also nominating me! Stormy writes the wonderful, drama-filled story, The Life & Times of the Willows. All of her sims are gorgeous and very well thought out. Highly recommended 🙂
Thanks so much to lomai for the nomination! lomai is the writer of the Legacy of the Xavier’s, a wonderfully intense legacy home to beautiful sims and dogs! In short, the story is awesome and you should definitely try reading it 😀
Finally, thank you to socallucyfan for nominating me! Her story, Once Upon a Legacy, is wonderfully written and photographed — check it out!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
Well, it of course an award for bloggers from other bloggers. It is a beautiful way to share all the amazing things other bloggers do and write about. To recognize their efforts in inspiring others to do what they love.
So, here is the list of rules that came along with my nomination:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
Answers to RosemaryMarie’s Questions:
- What was the last picture you took with your phone?
I didn’t personally take the above photo (I wish I knew this adorable puppy!), but this is the last photo I saved to my phone! I found this photo on reddit and knew immediately that I had to save it for a bad day.
- If you could have personally witnessed anything in history, what would it be? I think I would die immediately if I were to see this but, while we’re suspending belief, I’d love to have personally witnessed the start of the universe. Was there actually a Big Bang event? Stephen Hawking had a fascinating lecture on the subject, and I’d love to discover whether there even is a definitive answer to this mystery.
- If you could be any age for a month, what age would you choose? If being that age means going back in time: any prior year so I could capitalize on my knowledge and bet on all the right teams 😉 If it doesn’t entail going back in time, then…I think I’d still want to go back to some point in my childhood. Everything was carefree, and I remember my imagination kept me entertained for hours on end.
- What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten? Perhaps not the strangest, but certainly the smelliest: durian
- What is your favorite book? I have to go with the classic Harry Potter
- Do you believe in ghosts? Hm…I’ve never really thought about it. Probably not?
- What is the longest you’ve gone without sleep? Not entirely sure, but definitely less than 24 hours! I need my sleep.
- Coke, Pepsi or neither? Neither — not a huge fan of soda
- What did you do for your last birthday? Ate lots of food! 🙂
- What is your favorite holiday? Anything that involves lots of good food
- What is on your desk? Random papers and pens!
Answers to Stormy’s Questions:
- If you could be anywhere in the world (or fictional world) right now, where would you be? Hogwarts (present day) — even if I can’t be a witch, I’d love to make use of all the potions/charms/delicious sweets
- What drew you to start playing The Sims, TS2, TS3 or TS4? I’ve always been a huge fan of imagining fictional lives and characters, so the sims provided the perfect outlet! Plus, I love being able to “live” through my sims as they pursue diverse professions and relationships
- What is your favorite genre to write about? Hm…I grew up adoring fantasy, so I suppose that is the genre I tend towards most when reading/writing
- If you could make any one of your characters in any of your stories come to life, who would it be, and why? Oh gosh uh. Maybe Leliana? She’s so pure and optimistic, and I feel this world needs more of that
- When writing your story on a blog, do you prefer to write on a white background, a black background or a colored background? Why? I currently have this legacy on a white background, which I feel suits the colorful nature of the legacy pictures. For my fantasy story, The Zevra, I use a black background because I feel it adds more drama.
- When you are writing or taking pictures in game for your story, what do you have going on in the background? (TV, music, etc.) Like the founder of this legacy, I adore listening to TV and movie soundtracks! I’m currently obsessed with the Game of Thrones season 6 soundtrack and have been listening to it on repeat
- If you were a Sim, would you choose to be a PlantSim, Zombie, Alien, Werewolf or a witch? Why? Witch! The ability to cast spells would be AMAZING.
- If you could be any animal, what would it be, and why? Hm…perhaps a tortoise, as they can live very long lives and generally seem very calm. Or maybe a very well-loved and pampered dog in some idyllic countryside setting.
- What is your favorite season? Autumn!
- What is your favorite Sims world? Bridgeport (although I don’t love the lag)
- What has been your favorite Sims challenge that you either have done before or like to read? I really like reading apocalypse challenges. I also love reading ISBIs because they never fail to make me laugh 🙂
Answers to lomai’s questions:
- So, why do you write? For stress relief or…? Hm…perhaps a mixture of stress relief and a need to get some ideas onto paper (the internet?). I have maybe a thousand (more like a dozen) projects currently in the works, and I love writing for fun bc it means I can have a huge number of things in the works. I also wish to improve my writing so I can eventually fulfill my childhood goal of actually publishing a novel…I’m currently ~10k into my latest attempt, and we’ll see how that goes.
- I love animals, although currently I only have 1 dog. Do you have any pets? No pets for me 😦 That’s why I live vicariously through the sims and adopt 100000 dogs
- If you could be a food (like to be eaten or not xD) what food would you be? DURIAN SO I CAN LEVEL PEOPLE WITH MY FOUL STENCH
- Since all of you play the sims, what made you get into it? Who do you have to thank for your addiction if it is one? I think I saw someone playing it years ago and was intrigued. I was majorly addicted to it for a few months and then lost interest. Then a new expansion came out, got re-addicted, rinse and repeat, etc, etc. I am a voluntary victim of consumerism, y’all.
- Do you have any favorite games? When I was growing up, I ADORED the mario and legend of zelda wii games. I also ADORED pokémon and may or may not be currently addicted to pokémon go.
- You’re on a desert island, who’s on this island with you? Pick 3 only. gah. gah. gah. uh. 1) someone who is COMPLETELY LOYAL to me and totally won’t stab me in the back and who somehow has the survival skills of tarzan 2) someone who knows how to construct a boat 3) a skilled doctor who is also completely loyal to me. Basically, I want people who won’t go all lord of the flies
- Hot or cold weather? COLD.
- If you could meet a character from your stories who would it be? What would you say? I would love to meet Alistair and tell him what a precious little gumdrop he is.
- Name one thing you can’t live without. access to the internet
- Pokemon or Digimon, and in the same catergory, cartoons or anime? POKEMON. and…hm. I watched plenty of both, but my favorite show was Avatar…not entirely sure what category that falls into
- What irks you the most about someone/thing/time? Flakiness (but not when it comes to pies!)
Here are my nominations (in random order):
- The Paradis Legacy
- Camp Wildberry
- The Chrysanthemum Tango
- The Fey of Life
- The Talented
- Memory Games
- Kingston Legacy
- Chains of Lyra
- Bedlam ISBI
- The Hunter Legacy
- Different Winters
- Set Apart
I tried nominating blogs that hadn’t been nominated for this award already. There are so many other blogs I’d love to have nominated, so please feel free to answer these questions even if you aren’t on the above list! 🙂
And here are my 11 questions for you:
- Would you rather fight a hundred goose-sized elephants or a goose the size of an elephant?
- Shuffle your songs on your phone/computer/whatever — what’s the first song that pops up?
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you want to be?
- Savory or sweet?
- What made you create your blog?
- What do you do when you want to relax?
- What never fails to make you laugh?
- Do you prefer living in a city or in a rural area? Or somewhere in-between?
- If you could live in any fictional universe, which would you choose and why?
- If you could domesticate any animal and have it (safely) be your pet, which would you choose?
- What is your favorite word?